Ranked Among the Nation's Best
Colorado State University is once again the top school in the country for its sustainability efforts. CSU achieved the highest score ever reported to Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Reporting System — or STARS — a national survey that measures sustainability efforts at universities and colleges across the country.
More Academic Rankings and Accolades
- Colorado State moved into the top 60 public universities in the country according to U.S. News and World Report's annual America's Best Colleges ranking for 2014. The rankings place CSU at 60, up from 67 last year, among public universities nationwide.
U.S. News highlighted CSU as an outstanding example of institutions that encourage "Writing in the Disciplines." U.S. News also noted that CSU is "considered one of the leading research universities, and faculty and students work together to explore fields such as atmospheric science, infectious diseases, clean energy technologies, and environmental science." [read more]
- The Princeton Review, a New-York-based educational services company, features Colorado State University in the 2014 edition of "The Best 378 Colleges." Students surveyed for the review said CSU is a "hidden gem" that offers a "wonderful education, friendly people, and awesome culture," along with "excellent" green efforts, a strong engineering program, and myriad research opportunities. CSU also cares about its students becoming active members in the community, according to the 2014 Princeton Review "Best 378 Colleges."
- The 2014 Fiske Guide to Colleges focused on selecting universities with strong engineering, technical and environmental programs and emphasis, and featured CSU. According to Fiske, the guide includes 300 universities with an overview of the student body, academics, social life, financial aid, campus setting, housing, food and extracurricular activities.
- CSU is among Forbes' Top Colleges for 2013. The university ranks among the top Research Universities and Universities in the West.
- CSU's professional doctoral veterinary medicine program is ranked No. 3 in the nation according to U.S. News and World Report's 2014 Best Graduate Schools edition. The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biological Sciences consistently places among the top three vet schools in the nation. It is also ranked third in the nation in federal research dollars.
- In the latest rankings by GraduatePrograms.com, CSU was ranked in the top spot, #1. The GraduatePrograms.com ranking is unique because it’s based on student satisfaction. It uses surveys from current and former students, covering areas such as academic competitiveness, career support, financial aid, and quality of network.
- The professional program in the Department of Occupational Therapy in CSU's College of Health and Human Sciences — designated a "Program of Excellence" by the state of Colorado — ranks No. 6 among similar programs nationwide according to U.S. News and World Report in its 2014 Best Graduate Schools edition.
- Colorado State's Department of Atmospheric Science is ranked No. 1 in the nation by the National Research Council for departments of atmospheric sciences, meteorology, and oceanography.
- Colorado State's Facebook page was named one of the Top 10 Most Engaging College Facebook Pages of 2013 by Varsity Outreach. CSU came in #6 in the 75,000+ Facebook fans category. It's the only Colorado university to make the top 10 in this size category, which is the largest measured.
- For the fifth year in a row, CSU is among the top military friendly schools in the nation, according to G.I. Jobs magazine. The 2014 Military Friendly Schools list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans and spouses as students.
Recognized schools offer military students the best services, programs, discounts, scholarships, clubs, networking and staff. CSU's inclusion in the list demonstrates its committment to providing a supportive environment for military students and to ensure their success on campus.
- U.S. News and World Report recently named the graduate program in chemistry at Colorado State one of the top 50 programs in the country in the 2011 Edition of "America's Best Graduate Schools."
- According to a 2010 report from the National Research Council, CSU's Ecology program is among the top doctorate programs in the nation.
- Colorado State's business and economics programs ranks in the top 15 percent of the world's best universities for its research, according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities. The College of Business placed 76th out of the top 500 universities included in the rankings, which were released by Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China. The College was ranked at 101 last year — the first year it appeared on the list — based on objective measures of faculty research.
- CSU's College of Business part-time MBA program was ranked 34th in the nation in the U.S. News and World Report's 2014 Best Graduate Schools edition. The program was the highest ranked one of its kind in Colorado.
- CSU's College of Business is among the "Best Administered" business schools in the nation according to the Princeton Review. CSU's College of Business ranks fourth in the nation in the recently released "Best 296 Business Schools" book for 2013.
- The College of Business has been recognized for its outstanding leadership in integrating social, environmental and ethical issues into its Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise MBA program. The Aspen Institute's 2011-2012 edition of "Beyond Grey Pinstripes," an independent, biennial survey and global ranking of business schools, ranked the GSSE program at CSU number 27 on its list of the Top 100 MBA Programs in the world.
- In its 2011 "Education" issue, Popular Science listed the Engines and Energy Conversion Laboratory in CSU's College of Engineering as one of the 25 Most Awesome College Labs.
- More than any other Colorado campus, 30 percent of all of the state's science, math, engineering and technology majors pursue degrees at CSU.
- CSU's College of Agricultural Sciences programs rank in the top 10 percent of the world's best universities according to the 2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- CSU's online Psychology undergraduate degree completion program, Human Development and Family Studies undergraduate degree completion program, Master of Engineering, Civil Engineering specialization and Master of Computer Science and Information Technology were independently reviewed and ranked by GetEducated.com as top "Best Buys." The data-driven lists spotlight the most affordable online degrees from regionally accredited colleges.
- The university ranks sixth in the nation for the number of graduate alumni serving in the Peace Corps and moved up a spot to number 12 in the 2014 national rankings for large schools producing undergraduate volunteers.
- The 2012 U.S. News and World Report "America's Best Colleges and Universities" edition named CSU in the top 20 for a university that makes writing a priority as a critical element of student success.
- In 2009, Poets & Writers Magazine ranked Colorado State's Creative Writing Master of Fine Arts as one of the nation's top 50 programs.
- In 2014, Colorado State University is recognized as the top school in the country (for the second time) for its sustainability efforts. CSU achieved the highest score ever reported to Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Reporting System - or STARS - a national survey that measures sustainability efforts at universities and colleges across the country.
- CSU is ranked in the top four nationally for solar power at a major public research university according to an October 2011 report by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education, or AASHE.
- The Princeton Review named CSU as one of the nation's top colleges with a strong commitment to sustainability initiatives and activities because of its green initiatives, including a new minor in sustainability, a 5.3-megawatt solar plant, and biomass boiler.
- In 2011, Wired magazine singled out CSU's Engines and Energy Conversion Laboratory as one of "The Emerging Epicenters" for innovation and high-tech job growth in green technology in Fort Collins.
- Outside magazine has named Fort Collins an "editor's choice" for its "America's Best Towns 2013" edition.
- Fort Collins was ranked the fourth healthiest midsize city in America in a 2013 Gallup survey.
- In 2013, the City of Fort Collins was awarded a platinum rating from the League of American Bicycles (the highest possible rating given to a community). In addition, the Colorado State University was just one of two universities in Colorado that was recognized as a bike-friendly campus.
International and Diversity in Higher Education
- CSU is ranked No. 2 in the United States in international student satisfaction with their educational experience according to a major world-wide survey of international students by International Student Barometer in 2013.
- "The Best Colleges" recently featured Colorado State among the best in the nation for first-generation college students. Recognized as ahead of its peers, CSU began offering assistance to first-generation students in 1984 when it created the First Generation Award. The award program, which is only available to eligible students who are the first in their family to attend college, was created to encourage high school students and incoming transfer students to further their education.