Home / Research Projects /
New Project Development / AD417 Instructions
CRIS Form AD417 - Instructions - Web Input
Log in to the CRISFRMS website, following the instructions given for the AD416.
- Select the form to work on - [AD-417].
- Enter the Classification by Knowledge Area (KA), Subject of Investigation, and Field of Science
- You can complete the Classification table in one of several different ways:
- Using a printed manual, determine which options apply to this project and enter the numeric codes and percentages in the table
- Use the column heading links to view the list of options and enter the appropriate numeric codes and percentages in the table. You may find it helpful to print a blank form to jot down your choices.
- Use the [Classification Assistance] button to select codes from a list of check boxes. Click on [Generate Table] after you select the codes. This process will generate all possible combinations from your selections and prompt you to enter appropriate percentages. Click on [Save Information]. This will enter the codes with percentages into the table. You must use the "Return" button provided to return to this form with the codes filled in.
NOTE: If you use Classification Assistance do not complete the Research Effort categories until you have finished with the Classification table.
Enter the percentages for the Research Effort Category and Forestry/Animal Health Component:
- Identify the research category as basic, applied, or developmental and assign percentages which add to 100%.
- Basic Research: Research that has a primary goal of gaining fuller knowledge or understanding of a subject.
- Applied Research: Research that has a primary goal of the practical application of knowledge to meet a recognized need.
- Development Effort: Research findings to produce useful materials, devices, systems, or methods.
- If the project is funded by McIntire-Stennis or Animal Health programs, the Forestry or Animal Health component will automatically be assigned 100%. You can optionally assign percentages to these categories up to 100% each for projects funded by other sources.
When all information is entered, [Check Data] and note any errors. View the displayed information carefully. Corrections or additional edits can be made by using the [BACK] button on your browser toolbar. After each edit, [Check Data] again.
When the information is correct and complete, [Save Information]. You should see a Confirmation Screen if your information was successfully saved in the work file. You may want to print a copy of this page to keep for your records.
Click on the [Return] button at the top of the screen to complete other forms for this same project.
Return to top