Division of University at Colorado State University System seeks a full-time Assistant Director who reports directly to Director of Corporate Relations and will provide a broad range of support to the Corporate Relations office and will work in all areas of development, operations, and support including but not limited to the following (position will be located in Fort Collins): • Assist with the management of the university’s high-profile corporate prospects and serve as a conduit to facilitate unit and college corporate interactions and relationships.
• Actively work to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the corporate sector, as well as other key communities, that will result in funding for the immediate and long-term goals of the university.
• Provide the expertise to advance the university’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support; proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate guidelines and interests; and maintaining strong communication ties with corporate donors and prospects.
• Work effectively with internal constituencies such as sponsored programs, Vice President for Research Office, Office of Engagement, The Career Center, athletics, CSU Ventures, to develop multifaceted corporate relationships.
• Develop and implement plans to communicate with, involve, enlist, solicit, and steward corporate contributors and prospective contributors on behalf of the division of University Advancement and Colorado State University.
• Prepare and compose strong, clearly written proposals and general correspondence with major corporate prospects that articulate institutional funding priorities
• Work with alumni relations, the colleges, and annual giving to initiate alumni and friends networks within major corporations and develop a strategic corporate alumni giving program.
• Steward existing relationships through annual reports, personal contacts, organized meetings and other best practices
• Provide data research and preparation for prospective reports and client profiles
• Serve as the archivist for all Corporate Relation’s Office records, including meeting notes, corporate and donor contact reports, and entering information into Advance
• Coordinate and schedule meetings, calendars and travel arrangements as necessary
• Ideal candidate will be a dedicated professional with good judgment, flexibility, and attention to detail
• Must be willing to travel nationally and make frequent trips to Denver
• Must be flexible to participate with occasional evening and weekend events
• Must exhibit confidentiality and be a team-player
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Minimum Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience in corporate sales, fundraising, or a related field, or at least four years experience with progressive responsibility in a fast paced environment demonstrating corporate development/sales skills.
Desired Requirements: • Professional experience in Higher Education • Office management skills • Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and analytical abilities • Ability in understanding the importance of cultivating and maintaining relationships between donors and development staff • Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to maintain positive relationships • Excellent ability to promote a culture of support to staff, faculty and donors • Ability to handle multiple tasks • Ability to prioritize tasks and respond effectively to last minute requests Demonstrated ability to exercise considerable initiative, independent judgment, self-motivation, and discretion • Knowledge of Advance (Colorado State University’s prospect management system) is preferred • Knowledge and proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word • Knowledge of Colorado State University
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but for full consideration all materials must be received by May 22, 2013. Prospective candidates should submit electronically, in Word or PDF format, materials consisting of (1) a letter of interest responding to each of the qualifications; (2) resume; and (3) addresses and telephone numbers of three individuals, one of whom was an immediate supervisor, who has firsthand knowledge of applicant’s professional abilities; References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates. Please upload application materials (Word or PDF format only) on our application website located at: (Microsoft Word or PDF format) at https://advancing.colostate.edu/UA/EMPLOYMENT. You may view the full position description details at this link. For inquiries about the position, contact the Search Chair; Ashley Waddell at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about Colorado State University, consult the University’s website at www.colostate.edu.
The annual Fire and Safety Update and University Drug/Alcohol Policy booklet informs the University Community about important procedures, policies, crime prevention programs and crime statistics. A copy of the booklet may be found online (http://police.colostate.edu/pdfs/2011-Safety-Report.pdf), or a paper copy can be requested by contacting the Colorado State University Police Department at (970) 491-1160.