Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Requirements: Completed masterís degree. Degree(s) may have been award in a number of different areas, but course work and/or professional experience must provide a broad and significant understanding of personnel and fiscal administration, as well as capacity to deliver programming as specified in horticulture. Professional experience in the management of an office and educational programs, including the supervision of staff, budget management and fiscal operation.
Purpose of the Position: To administer and provide leadership, guidance, direction, and organizational assistance in the development and implementation of Colorado State University Extension programming in the Tri River Area. The person will coordinate with the Extension staff in the Tri River Area and the Western Region. Administrative responsibilities are expected to total 70% time. The remaining 30% time will be devoted to Horticulture educational programming.
Responsibilities and Relationships: The individual in this position works under the supervision of the Western Regional Director. Develop and manage an Area budget including identifying priorities and costs, justifying and securing budget from four Boards of County Commissioners, and providing oversight to the approved budget. This includes responsibility for expenditures throughout the fiscal year to assure financial availability and accountability. Work with three Extension offices (either personally, or in cooperation with office Chairs) within the Area (Mesa, Delta, Montrose), on county specific budgets to assure adequate financial resources are secured, and that management of the approved budgets is followed.
Application Deadline: Noon Mountain Time March 21, 2014 for full consideration.
All application materials, including transcripts of college course work showing degree(s) conferred, must be RECEIVED no later than Noon Mountain Time March 21, 2014 for full consideration. Full vacancy announcement and details on how to apply located at http://www.ext.colostate.edu/coop/jobsmenu.html.
The annual Fire and Safety Update and University Drug/Alcohol Policy booklet informs the University Community about important procedures, policies, crime prevention programs and crime statistics. A copy of the booklet may be found online (http://police.colostate.edu/pdfs/2011-Safety-Report.pdf), or a paper copy can be requested by contacting the Colorado State University Police Department at (970) 491-1160.