PROGRAMS and WORKSHOPS
Beef Quality Assurance - April 11, 2016, Mesa County Fairgrounds
The Beef Quality Assurance program offers training and certification on BQA guidelines including Cattle Care and Husbandry Practices, Feedstuffs, Feed Additives and Medications, Processing/Treatment and Records and Injectable Animal Health Products. Join us and receive your BQA Certification! For more information, (click here)
2016 Native Plant Master Courses, Grand Junction
Retooling Ranch Management, May 4-6, 2016, Grand Junction, CO
- Profitable ranchers actively manage their ranches in an effort to control costs. By scrutinizing spending they are able to create sustainable ranches. Profitable ranchers also invest in their future. Attending the Retooling Ranch Management seminar is an investment that will pay dividends in ranching success. For more information and see flyer (click here)
Below is a list of various talks we are participating in around the area:
- January 14, 2016 at Western CO Botanical Gardens "Garden Talk-ABC's of Beekeeping" 12:00-1:00 PM, $5
- February 11, 2016 at Western CO Botanical Gardens "Garden Talk-Weed Control" 12:00-1:00 PM $5
- March 3, 2016 at Colorado Mesa University Ballroom "Reducing Water Usage In Home Landscapes & Lawns" 6-9:00 PM
- March 10, 2016 at Western CO Botanical Gardens "Garden Talk-Diagnosing Plants" 12:00-1:00 PM, $5
- April 14, 2016 at Western CO Botanical Gardens "Garden Talk-Discover Wildflowers" 12:00-1:00 PM, $5
2016 ServSafe Classes, for dates and brochure (click here)
Family & Consumer Science Events - Facts and Tracks
They say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Join CSU Extension Agent Ann Duncan, Registered Dietician Nutritionist, for a focused 30 minute lecture on various topics that can make a positive impact on your life. Then spend the next 30 minutes outside walking on the Riverfront Trail! This series is the perfect combination of mind/body wellness!
Location: Western Colorado Botanical Gardens Library
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
$5.00, A portion of the proceeds goes to support the Botanical Gardens
To pre-register: Call 970-254-3866 or go online to gjparksandrec.org
Ways to Shave Calories - January 22
Making small changes to our daily routine can help us shave off calories and to maintain or lose weight. Learn small realistic changes that you can make throughout your day to help you get back on track after the holidays.
Serving Size vs Portion Size - February 12
Being healthy involves being able to make the right choices in how much you eat. Learn the differences between serving sizes vs portion sizes and how understanding these concepts can help you make better decisions each day.
Mindless Eating - March 11
We have the tendency to eat while completing multiple tasks or while being distracted. Discuss how mindless eating is causing us to eat more than we think we are eating and ways to prevent this from happening.
Coconut Products - April 8
Coconut products have been gaining popularity since mid-2000, but why are they so popular and what is the truth behind all the marketing? Learn about the various coconut products on the market, as well as the truth in their nutritional claims.
Whole Grain Goodnesss - May 13
Americans should be eating six servings of grains a day and three of those servings should be from whole grains, which include ancient grains. We will discuss ways to incorporate whole grains into your diet and also how to enjoy ancient grains.