PROGRAMS and WORKSHOPS
2014 ServSafe Certification Classes, All Locations-CO
- Grand Junction Classes held at Business Incubator, 2591 B 3/4 Rd, Grand Junction.
- Montrose Classes held at the Montrose County Fairgrounds, Friendship Hall
- Gunnison Classes held at the Gunnison County Fairgrounds
- Ridgway Classes held at the 4-H Event Center
- To register, please call our office at 970-244-1834. For more information (click here))
- JUST ADDED: ServSafe class in Spanish. May 15, 2014 in Telluride, 333 W. Colorado Ave, 2nd Floor. For more information (click here))
Soil - More than Just Dirt Field Day, May 17, 2014
Please join us to will learn the importance of soils and how to implement soil conservation management practices such as rotational grazing, tree planting, and grass seeding to reduce soil erosion. Our field tour will offer on-farm, hands-on demonstrations and discussions of these soil erosion reduction techniques. For more information and to register, please check out our weblink: http://www.ext.colostate.edu/sam/soil-program.html The field tour is May 17 at the Hotchkiss Fairgrounds in Delta County. The class is $15 per person or $20 per couple. We will be providing lunch. To look at the brochure, click hereAny questions, please contact: John Rizza at 243-5068 ext. 128 or email@example.com OR Isaac Munoz at 249-3936 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Native Plant Master Courses, April - June, 2014Colorado State University Extension Tri-River Area is offering three courses on Native Plants. If you would love to learn more about native plants, how you can use them in landscapes and the difference between weeds and native plants, this is the class for you. The first course will start at the Colorado National Monument on April 19, 2014. The other two will be offered at Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Grand Mesa. There will be 3 sessions per location. A Native Plant Master certificate can be obtained by attending and passing all three classes. The price of the courses is dependent on whether students want to complete volunteer hours. Contact Susan Carter at CSU TRA to obtain an application and complete course guideline at (970) 244-1841 or email@example.com or stop by 2775 Hwy 50 Grand Junction.