Gardening and Horticulture, Colorado State University, Tri River Area, Mesa, Delta, Montrose, & Ouray Counties
Tree Care Providers licensed - City of Grand Junction Be sure to hire a company that has been vetted for its professionalism and abilities.
The Mission of the Horticulture Section - Tri River Area Extension
The Colorado State University Extension Tri River Area Horticulture Program extends research-based information about plant-related concerns to home gardeners, the Green Industry (nurseries, sod farms, lawn care companies, arborists, etc.), commercial vegetable producers, government entities, and other community members and agencies in Mesa, Delta, Montrose, Ouray, San Miguel and Gunnison Counties.
Our activities and capabilities include:
- Maintenance of this web site
- Development of news articles
- The Tri River Area Master Gardener program
- The Tri River Area Native Plant Master program
- Maintenance of the Ute Learning Garden and arboreta at the Mesa Extension office
- Tours of the Ute Learning Garden for students of all ages.
- Development of "green industry" related documents
- Training of "green industry" professionals
- Identification of plant problems to include disease and insect pests
- On-site examination of plant and soil-related problems
- Testing of soil, compost, manure, and water for salts
- Evaluation of soil test results and report preparation