**The Mission of the Horticulture Section-Tri River Area Extension**
The Colorado State University Extension Tri River Area Horticulture Program extends research-based information about plant-related concerns to home gardeners, the Green Industry (nurseries, sod farms, lawn care companies, arborists, etc.), commercial vegetable producers, government entities, and other community members and agencies in Mesa, Delta, Montrose, San Miguel and Gunnison Counties. Information is also provided on a state, interstate, and international level because of our efforts.
Native Plant Master Application is now available. Sign up soon to reserve your space. For an application (click here)
Major Program Areas and Educational Activities include but not limited to:
- Insect and plant disease diagnosis
- Master Gardener program
- Workshops for 'Green Industry Professionals' and backyard gardeners
- Expertise regarding sod farms, pesticide application, commercial nursery production, greenhouse crop production and vegetable crops.
- Soil and water testing for soluble salts and related soils information.
The Western Region Colorado Extension provides additional links to programs and information including:
- Family and Consumer Education
Gardening & Horticulture
- Plant Diagnostics
- Plant Problems? Bring us a fresh sample! If you have any gardening questions, just give us a call for more details at your local office. In Delta, 874-2195; in Montrose at 249-3935 or in Grand Jct at 244-1836. Open Monday-Friday
- 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Master Gardener References
- Sample Sheet
- Housecall Sheet
- "Garden Notes"
- Bees Swarming?
- Don't hurt the bees, just call our offices and we'll give you names of Beekeepers who can safely remove the bees!
Susan Carter, Horticulture Agent
Mesa Extension Office
2775 Highway 50
Grand Junction, CO 81503