Come join one of the most popular projects in our county! You will learn how to care for your shooting sports equipment and how to handle them safely. There are numerous options for you to choose from, with everything from rifles to bows. You can even test your skill by competing in a local shoot!
Shooting Sports Information
- State 4-H Shooting Sports Website
- Range Checklist
- Injury Report
- County Shoot and Practice Policies
- Colorado 4h Shooting Sports Information
All disciplines have an information/ safety orientation meeting at the start of the project. If you do not have equipment, please do not purchase equipment until after the safety and information orientation. If you have equipment already, please bring it to this meeting to be checked and approved. Special Note: Practices will be held unless severe, inclement weather arises.
County Shoot and Practice Policies
Larimer County 4-H Shooting Sports has established the following uniform required practices policy.
All participants must attend a minimum of four (4) county practices for each discipline in which they wish to participate in the County Shoot. If the youth is participating in .22 rifle and air rifle, the youth must attend two practices in each rather than four in each.
The information, orientation and/or safety meetings do not count as a practice.
Two club practices conducted by a state certified leader in the discipline will count if the following conditions are met:
1. List of planned Club practices must be sent to the Extension Office by April 1. A list of additional practices should be submitted one week prior to the time the practice is held.
2. Other 4-H members who call may participate in the practice provided the range will accommodate increased numbers.
3. The attendance list must be signed by the certified 4-H Shooting Sports Leader and sent to the 4-H Extension Agent within a week for the practice to count.
Hunter Education Classes
Contact Colorado Division of Wildlife at 472-4300 or Sportsmans Warehouse in Loveland at 461-5000 for class schedules.
Leader Certification Clinics
4-H Leader trainings for 2013 have been scheduled by the state 4-H office.
- Washington County Sporting Clays Fun Shoot - Akron, CO - Rescheduled - April 27
- Adams County Shotgun Invitational - Brighton, CO - June 21
- 2014 NRA Youth Education Summit
NEW- All 4-H youth enrolling in any discipline MUST now turn in a Shooting Sports Liability Waiver WITH your 4-H enrollment form at the Extension Office. If you do not turn the waiver in, you will not be enrolled in 4-H, not covered under 4-H insurance and WILL NOT be able to shoot if you go to practice! Forms are on the web at www.larimer.org/ext Click on “4-H/Youth” link followed by “Forms” link!
For more information, check your Clover Connections Newsletter or contact the Extension office at 498-6000.