- Variegated leaf
- A green leaf design which is blotched, edged or spotted with yellow, white or cream
- Subjection of plants or seeds to a temperature regime that mimics the natural passage of
the seasons. This is done to cause them to bloom out of season or at a younger age than
would normally happen.
- This is a mineral called mica that is heated and puffed up to form lightweight,
sponge-like granules capable of holding both water and air.
- The ability of a bulb to grow or a seed to germinate.
- A flexible shrub with extended growth in both height and length. It can be trained
upward when supported by a fence or trellis or serve as a wandering ground cover.
- Microscopic organism that causes diseases in plants.
- Volunteer seedling
- A plant that sprouts from seeds formed the previous year.