- A plant native to the area.
- A chemical or fertilizer which is not obtained from a source which is or has been alive.
- Insecticidal soap
- A specially formulated soap that is only minimally damaging to plants, but that kills
insects primarily causing their outer shell to crack, which allows the insect's interior
organs to dry out.
- A chemical for killing insects.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- A philosophy of managing pests that involves use of all available control techniques in
a coordinated and integrated manner. It promotes the management of pests in a way that
minimizes undesirable effects on desirable plants and the environment while retarding the
development of pest resistance.
- Describing plants that spread out of control.
- A flower bed surrounded by lawn or water.